Every journey to the countryside needs a good sleeping bag to keep you warm enough and comfortable at night. In fact sleeping bag is one of the most crucial element in any backpacking tour. Without a good nights sleep you can’t really enjoy your trip to the fullest since you would be sleepy and tired all day. However, choosing the best sleeping bag is not an easy task, since there are so many things to consider. Also there are so many brands and companies offering more or less the same features, and that can confuse anyone. Anyways, following are the best sleeping bags that should be your companion on your next backpacking tour to countryside.
Top 10 Best Sleeping Bags for Camping & Backpacking
1. REI Co-op Magma 15-Degree Sleeping Bag
REI Co-op Magma 15-degree sleeping bag is a sleeping bag that is made with premium goose down and has lightweight construction and a fitted silhouette. All of this contributes to good warmth to weight ratio and great comfort at night. The sleeping bag is also waterproof as it has down-proof Pertex® shell and 15-denier lining. This sleeping is designed with generous knee and foot space for coziness and insulated yoke to fill neck and shoulder gap for improved thermal efficiency. More surprisingly the sleeping weights less than 2 pounds and blessing to your shoulder.
- Designed with the generous knee and foot space.
- Down-proof Pertex® shell.
- Water resistant 850-fill-power goose down.
- Supple 15-denier lining combine.
- Trapezoidal foot box keeps feet comfy.
- Variable baffle spacing locates and stabilizes the down fill.
- 2 different hood draw-cords.
- Insulated yoke fills neck and shoulder gap.
- Includes a stuff sack and a fitted silhouette.
- Weight: 1.76 pounds.
2. Western Mountaineering UltraLite 20-Degree Sleeping Bag
Western Mountaineering Ultra-lite 20-degree sleeping bag is a lightweight sleeping bag. However, this weightlessness comes at the price of warmth. Although the full down collar design helps in retaining the heat a bit. It has breathable water resistance shell. The sleeping bag is also warm and comfortable enough for you in most conditions. This bag is made with comfort, warmth and durability in mind so that you can enjoy a hassle free backpacking through back country trekking.
- Has interlocking draft tube.
- Includes a full down collar.
- Breathable and water resistant shell.
- 5 1/4″ spacing of continuous baffles.
- 16 oz of down fill is highly compressible.
- Lightweight and toasty warm.
- Weight: 1.8 pounds.
3. Feathered Friends Flicker 20 UL Quilt Sleeping Bag
Fathered Friends’ Flicker 20 UL Quilt style sleeping bag is made to achieve maximum comfort and versatility without having to compromise on the weight. It’s quilt style enables it to cover two adults easily on a warm night. While the footbox can be zipped partially to have greater efficiency at warmth in colder nights. Its hood-less design contributes to it’s low weight while draft collar makes it impossible for heat to force out of the bag.
- Full-length center zip.
- Draft collar with two easily accessible draw-cords.
- Crossover zipper design.
- Water-resistant and breathable laminate shell.
- Low weight & bulk YKK #4 fully separating zipper.
- Small webbing loops.
- Stuff sack and cotton storage bag included.
- Weight: 1.72 pounds.
4. REI Co-op Igneo 17 Sleeping Bag
REI Co-op Igneo 17 sleeping bag is a bag made of following the standard of European Norm and can keep you comfy even in subzero temperature. It is made of water repellent 700-fill duck down and 20D ripstop nylon shell and a a cozy neck warmer that offers great comfort in your backpacking trips. It is also very lightweight and weighs only around 2 pounds which is very easy to carry around.
- With a European Norm (EN) lower-limit rating of 17°F.
- Waterproof and breathable fabric.
- Water-repellent 700-fill-power duck down.
- Contoured hood with insulated face muffler
- Includes full-length draft tube.
- Differentiated hood and neck draw-cords simplify adjustments.
- Weight: 1.94 pounds.
5. DOWN HUGGER 800
Montbell’s Down Hugger 800 is a super comfortable sleeping bag made of stretchy spiral shell that makes the bag ridiculously lightweight and comfortable. Its elasticized thread allows the bag to move around with the user allowing the user more comfort. The heat saving tunnel hood of the down hugger has neck baffle that keeps warmth inside while keeping cold air out.
- Super spiral stretch system.
- Multi-tube construction.
- Heat saving tunnel hood.
- Draw cord for face hole adjustment.
- Dual insulated zipper draft tubes.
- Auto-locking zipper.
- Tapered, bias stretch stuff sack for easier packing included.
- Storage sack included.
- Weight: 2.25 pounds.
6. Marmot Phase 20F Degree Down Sleeping Bag
Marmont Phase 20F sleeping bag is a heat maximizing ultralight sleeping bag that let’s you sleep through the night even in a cold weather. Its nautilus multi-baffle hood reduces heat loss and 850 dill power down ensures greater comfort and warmth. The sleeping bag is extremely light weight and a great choice for gear-intensive climbing missions.
- Anatomical wrap-around foot box.
- Smooth-curved baffles reduce downshifting.
- Nautilus multi-baffle hood limits heat loss.
- Full-length locking YKK two way zipper.
- With anti-snag slider reduces fabric snagging.
- Certified 850 fill power down with down defender.
- Internal stash pocket.
- Stuff and storage sack included.
- Two hang loops.
- Weight: 1.45 pounds.
7. Sea to Summit Spark SPII Ultra-Dry Down Sleeping Bag
TheSpark SPII sleeping bag is a ultra-dry down sleeping bag that is also very light-weight and a great choice for fast traveling adventures. Even though the sleeping bag is very lightweight, it still can withstand very cold temperature. This sleeping bag is also very portable as it is an ultra-sil compression bag and can be compressed to 2.9 litter. But more importantly the bag is still very comfortable and offers great warmth at night.
- Contoured hood with drawcord.
- Tapered foot box.
- 1/3 length YKK 3 side zip.
- 10D Pertex Quantum shell for minimal weight and bulk.
- Includes lightweight 15D Ultra-Sil compression bag.
- Mesh storage cell and laundry bag.
- Weight: 1.52 pounds.
8. Big Agnes Pin Ears SL 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Big Agnes Pin Ears SL 20-degree sleeping bag is a cocoon style sleeping bag with ample wiggle room and integrated half pad sleeve. The sleeping bag is made of super-light shell fabric that offers protection against tear. It also has exterior loops for storing or hang drying. It’s cocoon style design and integrated pad sleeve also makes sure that the bag offers good warmth for you through the night.
- Features Cocoon style construction.
- Oversized interior anti-draft collar wraps.
- Vertically structured side walls.
- Integrated half pad sleeve.
- Superlight shell fabric with high tear strength.
- Low profile cord lock.
- Exterior loops for hang drying or storage.
- Mesh storage sack and nylon stuff sack.
- Weight: 3.12 pounds.
9. The North Face Furnace 20/-7 Sleeping Bag
The North Face Furnace sleeping bag has the design of an insulated mummy bag which can withstand long cold night. The design of the sleeping is made keeping ultimate comfort in mind. It’s 550-fill pro-down designed for thermal warmth in wet, cold condition. The bag is also made with water resistant and can be compressed down to 6.6 litters.
- Insulated mummy bag designed.
- Warmth in temps down to 20 degrees.
- 550-fill water-resistant.
- Comfort-oriented shape.
- Anti-compression layer.
- Shaped hood for more warmth and comfort.
- Weight: 2.62 pounds.
10. Sportneer Wearable Sleeping Bag
Sportneer wearable sleeping bag is an innovative, lightweight and portable 4 seasons sleeping bag. This bag incorporates a modern design with it’s zipped armholes and bottom allows user to walk around wearing this sleeping like a hoodie. Moreover the bag is made of 210T polyester shell that provides great insulation, waterproofing and durability. In addition to that, it’s premium cotton filling guarantees warmth and comfort even at a very cold night. The bag is also lightweight and extremely easy to pack for backpacking trips.
- Wearable with anti-snag zippers.
- Warm cotton filling.
- Durable and weather-resistant.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Build-in side pocket.
- Made in Durable polyester.
- Included carrying bag for quick and compact storage.
- Machine washable.
- Weight: 4.2 pounds.